Poconos Getaways Calendar of Festivals and Celebrations
Below is a calendar of events, which lists just some of the items of interest within a 30-minute drive. Please make sure you call to verify the information since phone numbers change and some events may be rescheduled. Also, when you rent from us we will give you a complete list of popular restaurants, recreation activities, and other community services. Our goal is to go the little extra to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- Pennsylvania Learn to ski free day -
Call one of the ski areas for details or 800-762-6667
- Maple Sugaring
Hike into the woods and see a tree tapped for maple sugar. You receive an overview of the entire process. After the program you are treated to pancakes with syrup. Call 570-629-3061 for details.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Join 30,000 spectators lining the streets of Stroudsburg. Listen to pipe and drum bands. Held the Sunday after St. Patrick’s Day. Call 570-476-6568 for details.
- Easter Bunny Trail Rides
Go on a train ride with the Easter Bunny. Held at Jim Thorpe Train Depot. Call 570-325-3673 for details
- Farm Animal Frolic- Stroudsburg 570-992-6161
See baby animals, demonstrations and fabulous food.
- Laurel Blossom Festival- Jim Thorpe –570-325-3441
Come see crafters and food vendors line this historic down.
- Laurel Festival of the Arts- Jim Thorpe 570-325-3441
This is a two-week concert series focusing on classical music. There are also art exhibits, poetry readings and children’s programs.
- Cranberry Bog Nature Walk Stroudsburg 570-629-3061
Take a walk with through the cranberry bogs.
- Mountain Bike Weekend Stroudsburg 570-326-3669
Organized bike rides and clinics make this one of PA’s largest biking events.
- Strawberry Festivals
This is the peak of the season. Look in local newspapers or in this week in the Pocono’s link for specific locations.
- Bethlehem Musikfest Bethlehem 610-861-0678
This annual musical event starts the second Saturday in August for 9 days. Over 300 musical groups play. There are many street performers and lots of food. Much of the entertainment is free.
- Green-Dreher Sterling Fair Newfoundland 570 -646-4047
- Wayne County Fair Honesdale 570-253-1108
- West End Fair 610-381-3199 or 610-681-4293
- Celebration of the Arts Delaware Water Gap 570-424-2210
This outdoor arts festival has jazz musicians, artists and food.
- Pike County Fair Milford 570-296-8700 or 570-296-8790
Famous for the watermelon seed-spitting contest.
- Autumn Balloon Festival Shawnee 570-421-1500
Hot air balloons with entertainment for children including puppet shows, clowns and carnival rides.
- Fall Foliage Festival Jim Thorpe 570-325-3673
- Harvest Festival Stroudsburg 570-992-6161
Volunteers dress in period costume and spend the weekend acting out tasks and daily routines of early PA Dutch farm life.
- Halloween Extravaganza and Parade Stroudsburg 570-424-9131
Fun things to do all in 15-20 minutes
- Skiing,boarding tubing Jack Frost,Big boulder, Camel Bench
- Camel Beach water park 20 minutes away
- Great Wolf indoor, Camel Beach outdoor waterparks
- Crossing outlet center
- MT Airy Casino
- Horseback riding
- Hiking trailsin state Gamelands
- Biking along
- White water rafting and paint ball
Timber Trails Information
- Both houses in the Timber Trails community
- Gated community
- Private setting
- Three mile oval paved road